Unification Church World Mission Headquarters
13F Dowon Bldg., Dohwa 2 dong Mapo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 121-728
Tel: (82-2) 3275-4200 Fax: (82-2) 3275-4220 E-mail: email@example.com
Ref. No. WMH 2012-170
To : Regional Presidents, National Messiahs, National Leaders
From : Unification Church World Mission Headquarters
Date : 11.19 by the Heavenly Calendar (December 31, 2012)
Re. : True Parents’ Explanation of the Foundation Day Holy Wine Ceremony and Conducting the Holy Wine Ceremony
May God and True Parents’ blessings and love be with all regions, mission nations and providential organizations.
This is to announce a summary of the guidance True Parents gave on 09.11 by the heavenly calendar (October 25, 2012) regarding the Holy Wine Ceremony to be held in relation to the Foundation Day Blessing Ceremony. Please guide all couples who will take part in this Blessing Ceremony so that they can prepare in accord with the purpose of this ceremony.
1. Background to the Holy Wine Ceremony True Parents’ explanation: “As we welcome a new age at Foundation Day, the times have changed and therefore all blessed families should drink the holy wine, as if they were washing their mind and body, receive the blessing and make a new beginning” [Given on 09.11 by the heavenly calendar (October 25, 2012) at the Bonhyangwon]
2. Ceremony to Confer the Foundation Day Holy Wine During the Commemorative Service on the 40th day after True Father’s Seonghwa [09.11 by the heavenly calendar (October 25, 2012)], True Mother provided over the “Ceremony to Confer the Foundation Day Holy Wine.” She bequeathed a new holy wine to each regional president, to be used at Foundation Day.
3. Significance of the Foundation Day Holy Wine
1) The Foundation Day Holy Wine is a holy wine produced especially for the occasion of Foundation Day. It was created according to True Parents’ instructions last year to prepare Foundation Day Holy Wine to be used on Foundation Day.
2) This holy wine is being given as a comprehensive special grace for all couples who participate in the Foundation Day Registration Blessing Ceremony in the 4th year of Cheon-gi. True Parents wish to bestow this special grace to all these couples on a cosmic level, on the condition that each person will completely repent for his or her way of life and faith with regard to any past mistakes including unresolved issues that are non-principled, thereby being reborn as new blessed couples.
3) All blessed families and second generation members should drink this wine together while making a new resolution and awakening as they usher in a new age.
4. Conditions of the Special Grace
1) Those who make a resolution and offer themselves with the standard of pledging absolute faith, absolute love and absolute obedience before the grace of God and True Parents.
2) Those who repent for their past and offer the “Cheon Il Guk Resolution Form for a New Beginning” to heaven.
5. Scope of the Special Grace All problems that have been reported to the headquarters of each nation and Cheongpyeong and even problems that have not been reported shall be pardoned. In other words, all issues that require a special grace including those dealing with the violation of the lineage, heart or use of public funds.
1) Violation of the lineage: All problems and issues in relation to the lineage such as in the case if a person fell or failed to complete the three day ceremony (1) Grace for 1st generation blessed couples and already married couples (including ambassadors for peace who were blessed) Category Types Details of Grace Fall 1. Falling after having received the blessing 2. Having a sexual relationship with one’s spouse even after knowing that he or she had fallen 1. For individuals: The grace will be complete after the individual drinks the holy wine and takes part in the blessing ceremony 2. For couples: The couple will be restored to its original status after drinking the holy wine, taking part in the blessing ceremony and completing the three day ceremony. 3. A holy handkerchief should be received after reporting to the Family Department Mistakes committed after starting family life after receiving the blessing 1. Failing to keep the separation period 2. Failing to complete the three day ceremony 3. Did not do the three day ceremony 1. The couple will be restored to its original status after drinking the holy wine, taking part in the blessing ceremony and completing the three day ceremony. 2. A holy handkerchief should be received after reporting to the Family Department (2) Grace for 2nd generation members
Category Types Details of Grace Fall
① Falling before having received a blessing – He or she will be restored to the position of 2nd generation after participating in the holy wine ceremony and blessing ceremony – This person should then participate in a subsequent 2nd generation blessing ceremony Falling after having received a blessing – He or she will be restored to the position of 2nd generation after participating in the holy wine ceremony and blessing ceremony (If this blessing was dissolved then apply standard in ①) Marriage outside of the church 2nd generation who marries another 2nd generation outside the church – The individuals should submit an application form (Refer to attachment 4) – He or she will be restored to the position of 2nd generation after participating in the holy wine ceremony and Foundation Day Blessing Ceremony. – Any children born should go through this same process to be restored to the position of 3rd generation 2nd generation who marries 1st generation outside the church – The individuals should submit an application form (Refer to attachment 4) – He or she will be restored to the position of 1st generation couple after participating in the holy wine ceremony and Foundation Day Blessing Ceremony, and completing the three-day ceremony. – Any children born after the three-day ceremony shall be deemed a 2nd generation (any born before this shall be deemed a 1st generation) (3)
① Any slight or serious sexual problems committed with a person that is not one’s spouse
② A person who committed a homosexual act after receiving the blessing
③ Children born from a marriage outside the church by a 1st generation who had previously received the blessing
④ A 1st generation who had previously been blessed but later married outside the church who then reported to the Family Department, took part in the Blessing Ceremony and are waiting to take part in the 21-day registration workshop or who had drank the 21-day registration workshop holy wine and are in the midst of the separation period.
2) Violation of the Heart: All problems and issues in relation to a violation of the heart such as having left the church or became an apostate True Parents gave permission for this great grace so that all blessed couples can participate in the Foundation Day Blessed Ceremony. Even for apostates and other unforgivable cases, they gave permission for this special grace so that these couples can make a new beginning by pledging absolute faith, absolute love, and absolute obedience to God and True Parents. For those who left or turned their backs on the church but who wish to receive this special grace should take part in a special workshop (3-day workshop organized by the local church) and seek forgiveness. This measure shall be the first and last opportunity after True Father’s Seonghwa.
3) Violation of the use of public funds: All problems and issues in relation to a violation of the use of public funds such as embezzlement and misappropriation of public funds 6.
Participants of the Holy Wine Ceremony
1) 1st generation blessed couples
2) 2nd or 3rd generation blessed couples
3) Already Married (or widowed) Blessing Couples
4) Non-blessed 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation members and re-blessed members
5) Other members (widowed, divorced persons, those who left the church, those whose spouses are missing)
7. Foundation Day Holy Wine Ceremony for Blessed Families
1) This ceremony can be held beginning from the fifteenth day before the Foundation Day Blessing Ceremony and until the end of the day before the Foundation Day Blessing Ceremony (until 01.12 by the heavenly calendar in the 4th year of Cheon-gi).
2) Venue: The Holy Wine Ceremony should be held at a church registered with the Unification Church national headquarters.
3) Officiator: The Holy Wine Ceremony can be officiated by any church leader officially appointed by the national headquarters of the Unification Church.
4) Program of the Holy Wine Ceremony
① Holy Song
③ True Parents’ explanation of the significance of the Holy Wine Ceremony
④ Submitting the Cheon Il Guk Resolution Form for a New Beginning
(1) Each couple should come up to the front and offer a gyeongbae to True Parents
(2) Each couple should place the Resolution Form on the prepared altar
(3) After offering a gyeongbae to True Parents, the couple should return to their seats
⑤ Procedure of the Holy Wine Ceremony
(1) The wife should stand on the right and the husband on the left. The children should stand next to the husband in order of birth.
(2) Couples should drink from one cup and the oldest child should receive one cup on behalf of all the children
(3) The husband and wife should greet each other and the wife should drink half of the holy wine and the husband should then drink the rest.
(4) The children should drink an appropriate amount from a single of cup in order of birth
(5) In the case where a spouse has already passed or in the case of individuals who had received the spiritual and physical world blessing or in the case of widowed blessed couples, the person present should drink one-half of the cup of holy wine and then drink the rest of the holy wine as if he or she had given the cup to or received it from his or her spouse.
※ A photograph may be brought to the ceremony for any member of the family who is unable to participate in the Holy Wine Ceremony.
※ There is no particular process for returning the empty cup to the officiator.
⑥ Benediction (During the benediction, the family should make a circle and hold hands)
⑦ Three cheers of ok-mansei
(1) Ok-mansei for the victory of the establishment of God’s kingship
(2) Ok-mansei for the victorious True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humankind
(3) Ok-mansei for the Foundation Day Holy Wine Ceremony for Registration in Cheon Il Guk
5) Families that take part in the Holy Wine Ceremony should fill out and submit one Holy Wine Ceremony Form (attachment 2) as a family
6) This Holy Wine Ceremony may be held as many times as necessary so that all members can take part in the Holy Wine Ceremony
8. Guidelines for Filling Out the Cheon Il Guk Resolution Form for a New Beginning
1) This form should be filled out by all participants of the Holy Wine Ceremony who are 16 or older
2) Please refer to attachment 1
3) Members can receive this form at their local church in advance. They should fill out this form at home after taking time to completely repent for one’s way of life and faith in regards to any past mistakes including all issues that violate the principle, make a new resolution and awakening for a new beginning, and place this form in a sealed envelope.
4) The sealed form should be submitted to the church during the Holy Wine Ceremony. The church should convey this to the parish or national headquarters and ultimately to the Cheongpyeong Heaven and Earth Training Center.
5) All collected envelopes shall be incinerated at a special ceremony at Cheongpyeong. 9. How to Multiply the Holy Wine
1) What to prepare: Original Holy Wine, holy salt, wine, and containers to be used to mix the wine
2) The Holy Wine can be multiplied at any sanctified location (chapel, prayer room, etc.)
3) The officiator shall be the regional president or church leader
4) Sequence for multiplying the Holy Wine
(1) Sanctify the wine with the holy salt
(2) The officiator should offer a prayer for multiplying a holy wine
(3) Mix the original holy wine and purchased wine at a 1:4 ratio (original holy wine at 1 and purchased wine at 4)
(4) The officiator should offer a prayer to complete the entire process for the multiplication of the Holy Wine 5) If there is a need to multiply in large amounts, a multiplied holy wine can be used as the original holy wine for this purpose by following the same process.
10. Administrative Matters
1) The Cheon Il Guk Holy Wine should be placed in safekeeping and used for subsequent Holy Wine Ceremonies for newly blessed couples
2) National headquarters should submit a report (attachment 3) on the results of the Holy Wine Ceremony (1) Please collect and submit all forms by 12 noon 01.12 by the heavenly calendar (February 21, 2013) (2) National headquarters should collect all reports from the local churches and compile a summary report.
※ The forms should be submitted to In Bae Hong, Family Depart, Korea HQ Tel: +82-2-3271-0527 / e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) All families that take part in the Holy Wine Ceremony should be guided to take part in the Foundation Day Blessing Ceremony.
4) The Holy Wine Ceremony Participant’s Card should be collected and kept at the national headquarters. The national headquarters should compile a full list of participants using Microsoft Excel and submit this to the Family Department. [The form should consist of the following categories: Affiliation (nation, church), name of husband, name of wife, blessing year and group, name of children, contact information] Attachment 1. Cheon Il Guk Resolution Form for a New Beginning Attachment 2. Holy Wine Ceremony Participant’s Card Attachment 3. Holy Wine Ceremony Summary Report Attachment 4. Application Form for Special Grace
Hyung Jin Moon
International President International President International President International PresidentInternational PresidentInternational President